Early Childhood Relevant Documents
The information in this Unit Guide must be read in conjunction with the following documents available for download from iLearn:
*Unit Outline; Lecture, tutorial and weekly reading schedule; Assessment information
During semester time, staff may contact students using the following ways:
* Dialogue function on iLearn
* Official MQ Student Email Address
It is the student’s responsibility to check all electronic communication on a regular weekly basis.
* In order to be eligible for a passing grade, students must meet the following attendance requirements:
* Internal Students: Participate in at least 80% of all tutorials – punctuality is expected.
* External Students: Participate in on-campus sessions – punctuality is expected.
* Contribute to online and tutorials tasks
* Students are expected to read weekly readings before attending tutorials
* Students are expected to listen/attend weekly lectures before attending tutorials
* All assessment tasks must be submitted
The content of the unit is delivered through a combination of lectures and tutorial tasks. There are two lectures per week and these are timetabled as follows:
Monday 1pm and 4pm. All lectures will be recorded and available on iLearn via ECHO360.
Internal students will have a 2 hour tutorial each week (on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday). Internal students are expected to have listened to the relevant lecture prior to attending their tutorials each week. Tutorial tasks will require familiarity with the content covered in the lectures in order to fully participate in the tutorials.
External students will complete the tutorial tasks during the on campus days scheduled for 27th and 28th September.
A tutorial workbook is available on iLearn - all students are expected to bring this with them to their tutorial/ on campus days (either as hardcopy or electronic).
Some lectures have been pre-recorded and will be available from iLearn before Week 1 and you should listen to these lectures before the first tutorial.
Withdrawing from this UG Unit: If you are considering withdrawing from this unit, please seek academic advice by writing to DES.firstname.lastname@example.org before doing so as this unit may be a co-requisite or prerequisite for units in the following semesters and may impact on your progression through the degree.