Lectures: you should attend two hours of each lecture stream each week, making a total of four hours.
Required and Recommended Texts and/or Materials
ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
- Ordinary Differential Equations and Stability Theory David A. Sanchez, Dover
- Ordinary Differential Equations and Stability Theory V.I. Arnold
No single textbook is entirely satisfactory for this part of the course. Attendance of the lectures is strongly recommended.
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics Erwin Kreyszig, John Wiley&Sons, various editions. QA401.K7
- Partial differential Equations. An Introduction Walter A. Strauss, John Wiley&Sons, 1992. QA374.S86/1992
- Equations of Mathematical Physics A.N. Tikhonov & A.A. Samarskii, Oxford University Press (also reprinted by Dover). QA401.T512/1963
Technology Used and Required
Students are expected to have access to an internet enabled computer with a web browser and Adobe Reader software. Several areas of the university provide wireless access for portable computers. There are computers for student use in the Library and in the Numeracy Centre (C5A 255).
Difficulties with your home computer or internet connection do not constitute a reasonable excuse for lateness of, or failure to submit, assessment tasks.