1. Barlow, D.H. & Durand, V.M. (2015). Abnormal psychology (7th ed.) Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole.
2. Three 1-hour face-to-face meetings: week 1 (Q&A about the unit, intro to the research paper), week 4 (lecture of phobia treatment) and week 6 (Q&A about the research report).
3. One online module on introductory issues and seven online modules covering the major mental disorders. Online modules will consist of video presentations of conceptual issues; narrated slide presentations of supporting evidence; clinical perspectives; researcher perspectives; case material; and associated links. See: https://ilearn.mq.edu.au/login/MQ/
4. Five on-line discussions.
5. Six, 2-hour tutorials that will cover the research report assignment and enable discussion of the major mental disorders. Video presentations usually focused on case material will be shown. The aim of the tutorials is to give students the opportunity to develop their awareness of the symptoms of a range of disorders, to learn something of the real world experience of these disorders and to encourage discussion of controversies and issues relevant to psychopathology.