Students attend one lecture and one tutorial per week.
For lecture times and tutorial rooms please consult the MQ Timetable website: http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au. This website will display up-to-date information on your classes and tutorial room locations.
Required and Recommended Texts and/or Materials
REQUIRED READING (in order of study; tutorials begin in week 2, with The Castle of Otranto)
1. Horace Walpole, The Castle of Otranto (1764)
2. Matthew Lewis, The Monk (1796)
3. Gothic Romantic Poetry: Keats, “Isabella and the Pot of Basil” (1820) and Byron, “The Giaour” (1830)
4. Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey (1798/1818)
5. Edgar Allen Poe, Selected Tales, 1839/1841: “The Fall of the House of Usher”, “The Murders in the Rue Morgue”, “The Oval Portrait”, “The Man of the Crowd”, “The Black Cat”, “The Premature Burial”)
6. Robert Louis Stevenson, The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1886)
7. Bram Stoker, Dracula (1897)
8. Conan Doyle, The Hound of the Baskervilles (1901/1902)
9. Daphne du Maurier, Jamaica Inn (1936)
10. Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho (1960)
11. Gabaldon [Moore], Outlander; season 1 (2014)
Please see unit's iLearn site
Technology Used and Required
Online units can be accessed at: http://ilearn.mq.edu.au/.
PC and Internet access are required. Basic computer skills (e.g., internet browsing) and skills in word processing are also a requirement.
Please consult teaching staff for any further, more specific requirements.