For classroom venues please consult the MQ Timetable website: http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au. This website has up-to-date information on your classes and classroom locations. Please check this in Week 1 as there may be last-minute changes.
Lectures and attendance
Lectures begin in Week 1.
Tutorials begin in Week 2.
Lectures for this unit are each week. Lectures are recorded and available via Echo in iLearn. Students are expected to attend or listen to the lectures each week.
Students are expected to attend their tutorials each week.
The ENGL389 iLearn site is used for enrolled students to access lectures, to submit Turnitin and PeerMark assignments, for unit information and messages, for communicating with staff and for online activities as required.
- Essential weekly readings for this unit are in Library MultiSearch (e-Reserve) – enter the unit code ENGL389
- There is no printed Unit Reader for this unit. All the readings listed in Library MultiSearch for this unit are prescribed readings and must be downloaded from Library MultiSearch > Unit Readings > ENGL389, and read before the relevant lectures and tutorials.
- Details of the readings are in the iLearn modules for each week and at the end of this document.
- It is strongly suggested that students download these readings well in advance of the scheduled week and read them in good time for lectures and classes. For those who like to annotate their readings, print them out. This is also advisable as it generates active reading and comprehension.
- All students MUST bring the week’s readings to lectures and tutorials.
- Note: There are some readings for this unit which are not in Multisearch and can be found in iLearn as online links in the appropriate weeks.
Unit Requirements and Expectations
The university Assessment Policy states that in order to pass a unit, a student must make a serious attempt at all pieces of written assessment.
Students enrolled in this unit are expected to:
- Attend or listen to lectures each week – lectures cover essential concepts and information for the unit topics.
- Attend all tutorials and participate in tutorial activities and discussions. If a student misses more than two tutorials and does not submit documentation to the tutor, this will seriously affect participation marks.
- Prepare for lectures and classes by having done the readings for each week and being prepared to discuss them.
- Submit assessment tasks on time. See below for information on extensions for written assessments.
- Adhere to the university policy on Academic Honesty. http://www.mq.edu.au/policy/docs/academic_honesty/policy.html