Lecture materials, Tutorial Questions, Assignment Question, and Assignment Solutions will be uploaded to iLearn.
Lectures will be recorded on Echo Recordings.
Laboratories will use TIMS electronic modules manufactured by Emona Instruments and will also use USRP modules and LabVIEW software supplied by National Instruments.
Recommended readings are ELEC321 lecture notes and the following reference books:
- S. Haykin, Communications Systems, 5th Edition, Wiley.
- B.P. Lathi, Z. Ding, Modern Digital and Analog Communication Systems, 4th Edition, Oxford University Press.
- L.W. Couch, II, Digital and Analogue Communication Systems, 6th or 7th Edition, Prentice Hall.
- S. Haykin, M. Moher, Introduction to Digital and Analog Communications, 2nd Edition, Wiley.
- B. Sklar. Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd Edition, Prentice-Hall.
- H. Nguyen, E. Shwedyk, A First Course in Digital Communications, 1st Edition, Cambridge
- J.G. Proakis, M. Salehi, and G. Bauch, Contemporary Communication Systems Using Matlab, 2nd Edition, C.L. Engineering.
- D. Silage, Digital Communication Systems using Matlab and Simulink, Bookstand Publishing.
- Won Y. Yang, Matlab/Simulink for Digital Communication, First Edition, A-Jin Publishing.
- The Mathworks, MATLAB & Simulink Student Version 2011a, Prentice Hall.