There is one lecture and one tutorial per week. Lectures and tutorials start in week 1. For detailed information about the unit, please see the unit's iLearn site.
Required reading: (in the order in which the novels are studied; poetry and novel are taught in alternate weeks):
1. Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist
2. Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights
3. Wilkie Collins, The Moonstone
4. George Eliot, Middlemarch
5. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet
The Victorian Age, Volume E, The Norton Anthology of English Literature. I use the Norton Anthology for the poetry (and some prose). Any additional poems will be provided by web link on the iLearn site.