This unit is delivered via a weekly 1 hour lecture and a weekly 1 hour tutorial for internal students and a compulsory two day on campus session for external students. As class participation will be assessed in this unit, tutorial attendance is compulsory. Lectures and Tutorials both commence from week 1.
Students require access to a computer and a secure and reliable server. All Unit requirements and a weekly teaching and reading schedule are outlined in iLearn.
All assessments are to be submitted electronically via Turnitin
The required textbook for this unit is: Brown, Farrier, McNamara, Steel, Grewcock, Quilter and Schwartz, Criminal Laws: Materials and Commentary on Criminal Law and Process in NSW (The Federation Press, 6th Edition, 2015).
Additional reading will be available via iLearn and e-reserve.
The following books are recommended readings for this unit. All listed materials are available from the Library.
- Penny Crofts, Criminal Law Elements (LexisNexis, 5th ed, 2014).
- Simon Bronitt and Bernadette McSherry, Principles of Criminal Law (Lawbook, 3rd ed, 2010).
- Jeremy Gans, Modern Criminal Law of Australia (Cambridge University Press, 2nd ed, 2016).
- Michelle Sanson and Thalia Anthony, Connecting with Law (Oxford University Press, 3rd ed, 2014).
- Michelle Sanson, Statutory Interpretation (Oxford University Press, 2012).
- Anthony, T; Crofts, P; Crofts, T; Gray, S; Loughnan, A; Naylor, B, Waller & Williams Criminal Law: Text and Cases (LexisNexis, 12th ed, 2013).