This unit is delivered via a weekly 1 hour lecture and a weekly 1 hour tutorial for internal students and a compulsory two day on campus session for external students. Lectures and Tutorials both commence from week 1.
Students require access to a computer and a secure and reliable server. All Unit requirements and a weekly teaching and reading schedule are outlined in iLearn.
All assessments are to be submitted electronically via Turnitin
The required textbook for this unit is: Brown, Farrier, McNamara, Steel, Grewcock, Quilter and Schwartz, Criminal Laws: Materials and Commentary on Criminal Law and Process in NSW (The Federation Press, 6th Edition, 2015).
Additional reading will be available via iLearn and e-reserve.
The following books are recommended readings for this unit. All listed materials are available from the Library.
- Penny Crofts, Criminal Law Elements (LexisNexis, 5th ed, 2014).
- Simon Bronitt and Bernadette McSherry, Principles of Criminal Law (Lawbook, 3rd ed, 2010).
- Jeremy Gans, Modern Criminal Law of Australia (Cambridge University Press, 2nd ed, 2016).
- Michelle Sanson and Thalia Anthony, Connecting with Law (Oxford University Press, 3rd ed, 2014).
- Michelle Sanson, Statutory Interpretation (Oxford University Press, 2012).
- Anthony, T; Crofts, P; Crofts, T; Gray, S; Loughnan, A; Naylor, B, Waller & Williams Criminal Law: Text and Cases (LexisNexis, 12th ed, 2013).