The unit has an academic component (delivered through 5 on campus workshops and 5 online modules) and a practical component which entails students' work on a project for an external organisation or for one of the various divisions within Macquarie University.
For the academic component students will be required to:
- Submit the required assessment tasks in a timely manner.
- Complete all the required readings for the unit which will be listed on iLearn and made available through e-reserve.
- Contribute to online discussions and activities.
- Deliver a poster presentation to the rest of the classroom.
For the practical component students will be required to:
- Agree on an activity with the host organisation.
- Define a work schedule and commit to it.
- Complete a minimum of 50 placement hours.
Assignment Submission and return of marked work
Assignments are to be submitted via Turnitin. Likewise, marked work and feedback will be returned to students through the same means. Grademark will be used to mark students' work. Online forum discussions will be rated within each forum.
Late submissions, Special Consideration and Extensions
Please email the unit convenor if you find yourself unable to meet the submission dates for assessments. For all written assessment tasks, the following penalties will apply for late work (unless a Disruption to Studies request has been submitted and approved): 2% per date. Online forum postings that are submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
FOAR300 iLearn Site. Learning and Teaching resources, assessment guidelines, and links to individual learning modules will be on FOAR300's iLearn page. You will also use the discussion boards to keep in touch with other students and share your experiences of your placement. The video-conference online system Zoom can be used to discuss particular issues with the unit convenor and tutor remotely prior to making an appointment.