Before commencing ECED/X822, please read this Unit Outline in conjunction with the Study Guide for this unit. The Unit Outline provides essential basic unit information and the Study Guide contains the full details about the unit including information about the Unit Schedule. It is your responsibility to ensure that you can understand all requirements, including attendance and workload requirements, and assessment requirements.
During the semester, staff may contact students using the following ways:
- Dialogue function on iLearn
- Official MQ Student Email Address
It is the student’s responsibility to check all electronic communication on a regular weekly basis.
To be eligible for a passing grade in this Unit,
- Internal Students are expected to attend at least 80% of all classes – punctuality is expected. Consistent lateness or absence will jeopardise a passing grade
- Students are required to contribute to face-to-face and online discussion as appropriate
- Students are expected to read weekly readings before completing tasks and attending weekly classes
- Students are expected to listen to recorded lectures before completing tasks and/or attending classes as appropriate
- All assessment tasks must be submitted for marking in order to complete this unit.
Withdrawing from this PG Unit
If you are considering withdrawing from this unit, please seek academic advice by writing to https://ask.mq.edu.au before doing so as this unit may be a co-requisite or prerequisite for units in the following semesters and may impact on your progression through the degree.
Lectures are typically pre-recorded and students are expected to listen to these before coming to class on Mondays at 6-8pm, and held in X5B 039. Class time is used to unpack lecture content through discussion of key aspects by asking questions and addressing any specific issues/concerns students may have as well as sharing points of interest.
Internal students: Before attending weekly classes in Monday evenings, students are expected to:
- read the set readings for each topic
- attend/listen to weekly lectures before completing blog tasks
- complete online activities as required
OUA and External students: There is no compulsory on-campus class for this unit. You are however welcome to attend the informal on-campus class scheduled on Saturday 16 September from 10am to 1pm. Please indicate your RSVP on the iLearn site. Depending on the number of students attending the venue details will be announced closer to the date. Typically, students in previous years have always enjoyed this opportunity meet and network with peers face-to-face.
Please ensure that you have sufficient time to dedicate to your studies before attempting this unit. We are sympathetic that students often have significant family and employment related responsibilities. To be fair to our staff and to other students, however, these cannot be used to justify incomplete work or extension requests.
Information for students about access to the online component of this unit is available at ilearn.mq.edu.au/login/MQ/
Weekly access to iLearn is compulsory for all students. Important assessment information will be posted here, as will other relevant unit notices and materials.
Please do NOT contact the Unit Convenor regarding iLearn technical help.
No extensions will be given for any technical issues. Allow enough time for your submissions.
Assistance is available from IT Helpdesk: phone - 1800 67 4357, or log a request at help.mq.edu.au. OneHelp is the online IT support service for both students and staff.