STAT670 will be delivered remotely, and no classes are scheduled.
Students will be given the opportunity to watch STAT170-INT lecture recordings on iLearn.
Please note: there are no practical and tutorial classes, but students are expected to work trough the practical and tutorial notes, asking for assistance when this is needed.
Help with STAT670 Related Administrative Matters
For help with STAT670 related administrative matters students may contact Dr Petra Graham.
Required and Recommended Texts and/or Materials
- A calculator with statistics mode is essential and should be brought to all classes.
- For students with PCs, the statistical software package Minitab 17 can be downloaded for free from the student portal. This can be accessed from the web page for Student IT services: http://students.mq.edu.au/it_services/. For students with Mac computers, iLab can be used to access Minitab. Information on using iLab can also be found on the Student IT services web page.
Recommended textbook used in this unit:
- Modern Statistics: An introduction, Don McNeil and Jenny Middledorp (ISBN 9781486007011). This can be purchased in hard copy from, for example, the Coop Bookshop or in e-format (ISBN 9781486022120, access details to be provided in class).
Other recommended reading:
- Introduction to the Practice of Statistics, Moore, D.S. and McCabe, G. P (W.H. Freeman)
- Statistics without Tears by Rowntree (Penguin)
- Mind on Statistics by Utts & Heckard (Thomson, 2004)
- Elementary Statistics by Johnson & Kuby (Thomson, 2007)
- Statistics: The Art & Science of Learning from Data by Agresti & Franklin (Prentice Hall, 2007)
- The Statistical Sleuth by Ramsey and Schafer (Duxbury, 2002)
Technology Used and Required
iLearn, (which is a version of Moodle) is used for delivery of STAT670 course material and can be accessed at: http://ilearn.mq.edu.au