REQUIRED READING – compulsory texts
Print or ebooks in any edition.
- Larry’s Party, Carol Shields, London: Fourth Estate, 1997.
- The Golden Day, Ursula Dubosarsky, Allen&Unwin, 2011
- The Art of Fiction, David Lodge, Penguin London, 1999.
- Making Shapely Fiction, Jerome Stern, WW Norton and Co., 1991.
- Marcelle Freiman, White Lines (Vertical), Hybrid Publishers, 2010
- Course Readings: weekly readings are available online from the Macquarie Library. The readings should be downloaded in the week you are to read them.
- Hazel Smith, The Writing Experiment – strategies for innovative creative writing, Allen & Unwin, 2005.
- James Wood, How Fiction Works, Jonathan Cape, 2008.
Students in this unit should read the complete Unit Handbook carefully at the start of Session. It contains important information about the unit. If anything in it is unclear, please consult one of the teaching staff in the unit.
Internal students - For lecture times and classrooms please consult the MQ Timetable website. This website will display up-to-date information on your class times and classroom locations.
External students – your gateway to the unit is through the iLearn site, which will be opened before the start of Session 2.
The On-Campus Day is on Saturday August 24th at MQ, 10 - 4.30pm. External and International students are strongly advised to participate. All external, international and internal students are welcome.