Technology and Equipment
Teaching rooms are equipped with state of the art audio-visual and ICT equipment, including:
- Wireless internet connection
- High quality video cameras
- Mutliple LCD screens
Videos of assessment and treatment techniques have been prepared by the teaching team and will be available on iLearn.
Textbooks: It is recommended that you purchase the following textbook for this unit: Brukner & Kahn "Clinical Sports Medicine", 4th Edition. Copies are available in the MQ library and in the Co-op bookshop.
Other books that may be useful references for this unit are:
1. Magee "Orthopaedic Physical Assessment", 5th Edition.
2. Richert B. "Palpation Techniques: Surface Anaotmy for Physical Therapists". 2011. Thieme.
3. Cook C. Hegedus E. "Orthopedic Physical Examination Tests". 2nd Edition. 2013 Pearson
Consultation with Staff
All staff will be available for individual consultation. See iLearn for contact details and times
Teaching and Learning Strategy
Lectures will provide foundation knowledge and also incorporate large group discussions and demonstrations.
Tutorials will focus on the development of technical skills and clinical reasoning. Tutorial content will be based on case studies and situated in authentic learning environments to optimally prepare students for their clinical placements the following semester.
iLearn: This unit's iLearn site will provide weekly resources for students, including:
- lecture notes
- tutorial worksheets
- preparation and consolidation material
- other teaching resources
- assessment details