Seminar discussions are held weekly, starting in Week 1 on Thursdays from 1-3PM in the Australian Hearing Hub, Level 3 (3.610).
You will be expected to have read the Core Readings plus at least one Additional Reading before each class. For some classes, students will be assigned particular readings to summarise and present to the group. All readings are available through iLearn and the Library.
You will need access to the internet to access the unit's iLearn page. You are also required to submit assessment tasks via iLearn, using the Turnitin submission tool. If you are not already familiar with these, please allow time to familiarise yourself with how to access iLearn and how to submit a Turnitin assignment.
Recommended resource on academic honesty
The learning skills team at Macquarie University has designed an Academic Integrity Module for you to enrol in to help you learn about
- What "academic integrity" is and why it's important
- Acceptable and unacceptable academic behaviours at university
- What 'plagiarism' is and key strategies to avoid it
- Your responsibilities in relation to academic integrity and your rights under the Macquarie
- University Academic Honesty Policy.