This course is offered via internal and external modes.
To be eligible for a passing grade, students must meet the following requirements:
- Internal Students: participate in at least 80% of all tutorials – punctuality is expected. Consistent lateness or absence will jeopardise a passing grade
- External Students: participate in all on-campus sessions – punctuality is expected.
- Students are required to contribute to all tutorials tasks
- All assessment tasks must be submitted and to a passing grade standard
- Attendance and participation in the practical assessment components is compulsory. Failure to attend, without appropriate documentation, may result in a fail grade being awarded.
To achieve in this unit:
- Students are expected to read weekly readings before completing tasks and attending tutorials
- Students are expected to attend / listen to weekly lectures before completing tasks and attending tutorials
Required and recommended texts and materials
There is no requirement to purchase any set texts for the completion of this unit.
The required and recommended readings for this unit are noted in full within the iLearn guide and all readings will be available via the university library. You can access the readings from the library website (www.lib.mq.edu.au). Readings from specific textbooks will be available from the reserved section of the library.
Students are expected to purchase or download the following syllabus AND any support documents:
NSW K-6 PDHPE syllabus and support documents: http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/k-10/learning-areas/pdhpe
NSW K-10 History syllabus and support documents: http://syllabus.bostes.nsw.edu.au/hsie/history-k10/
NSW K-10 Geography syllabus and support documents: http://syllabus.bostes.nsw.edu.au/hsie/geography-k10/