Lecture time and location:
Tuesday 6-9pm; Room W5A T2 Theatre
Please note lecture time and venue are subject to change and students are advised to check https://timetables.mq.edu.au/2017/ to confirm times and venues.
The teaching format for this class is one 3-hour session per week. This session will typically consist of a 2 hour formal lecture and 1 hour workshop. It is strongly recommended that students attend all lectures and workshops.
Consultation hours: Wednesday 2-4pm (E4A 408).
- Pepall, L., D Richards and G. Norman, 2014, Industrial Organization: Contemporary Theory and Empirical Applications, 5th Edition, Wiley.
The text is available from the Coop Bookshop and is also available as an e-book.
It is essential that all students have a copy of this textbook. Not owning a copy, or at least not having access to a copy, will seriously disadvantage you in this course. Other textbooks which may also be useful include:
- Cabral, L., 2000, Introduction to Industrial Organization, MIT Press, Cambridge.
- Shy, O., 1995, Industrial Organization, MIT Press, Cambridge, 1995.
- Waldman, D.E., and Jensen, E., 2013, Industrial Organization Theory and Practice, Fourth Edition.
For a more advanced treatment of the material covered in this course you may want to consider the following textbooks:
- Belleflamme, P. and M. Peitz, 2010, Industrial Organization: Markets and Strategies, Cambridge University Press, New York.
- Tirole, J. 1988, The Theory of Industrial Organization, MIT Press, Cambridge