Applying for an extension
To request an extension for an assignment, students should submit a Disruption to Studies Notification within 5 working days of the commencement of the disruption. The Disruption to Studies Notification must be submitted online through www.ask.mq.edu.au. Information on what constitutes a disruption and how to apply for an extension can be found on the MQ students' Disruption to Studies webpage.
Students with a pre-existing disability/health condition or prolonged adverse circumstances may be eligible for ongoing assistance and support. Such support is governed by other policies and may be sought and coordinated through Campus Wellbeing and Support Services.
Unless an extension is granted, work that is submitted after the due date will attract a penalty of 10% of the total marks for each week it is overdue (i.e. -10% for 1-6 days late; -20% for 7-13 days late; -30% for 14-20 days late). Work submitted more than 20 days late will not be accepted.