Extensions and penalties on coursework assessment tasks
• Tasks 10% or less – No extensions will be granted. Students who have not submitted the task prior to the deadline will be awarded a mark of 0 for the task, except for cases in which an application for disruptions to studies is made and approved.
• Tasks above 10% - No extensions will be granted. There will be a deduction of 10% of the total available marks made from the total awarded mark for each 24 hour period or part thereof that the submission is late (for example, 25 hours late in submission – 20% penalty). This penalty does not apply for cases in which an application for disruption of studies is made and approved. No submission will be accepted after solutions have been posted.
Submission of assessment tasks
• Answers to the quiz are to be submitted in paper form by 3pm, Wednesday 22 March 2017.
• Answers to the take-home test (Test 1) are to be submitted in paper form by 3pm, Monday 8 May 2017.
Open-book final examination
• The final examination will be open-book in the sense that students can bring in any materials written or printed on paper with any size and number of pages.
• It is the responsibility of students to view their marks for each within session assessment on iLearn within 20 working days of posting. If there are any discrepancies, students must contact the unit convenor immediately. Failure to do so will mean that queries received after the release of final results regarding assessment marks (not including the final exam mark) will not be addressed.
• Assessment criteria for all assessment tasks will be provided on the unit iLearn site.
• Information regarding supplementary exams, including dates, is available at: