Topics are subject to change based on student responses to the online participation assessment.
1. Practising Law when you don't know the law.
2. A brief history of international business transactions.
3. Considerations in choosing a jurisdiction - setting up a business.
4. The key problems in international business transactions.
5. Models of expansion - agency, distribution and licensing.
6. Models of expansion - franchising, joint ventures.
7. Models of expansion - greenfield investment.
8. Corruption and resolutions to key problems.
9. Payments and the international movement of money.
10. Corporate social responsibility in an international context.
12. Export Laws and National Security.