Each week you should attend three hours of lectures, and a two hour practical workshop. For details of days, times and rooms consult the timetables webpage.
Note that practicals workshops (lab sessions) commence in week 2. The week-by-week details of the practical (lab) classes will be available from iLearn.
You should have selected both a Practical_1 and a Practical_2 at enrolment. You must attend the practicals that you are enrolled in.
Textbook and Reading Materials
The textbook for this semester is:
Additional reading that you may find useful for this unit:
Kurose, J. & Ross, K. Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach 7th edn, Pearson, 2016
Comp247 is administered via iLearn (http://ilearn.mq.edu.au/).
This unit outline can be found in the university's unit guides
Digital recordings of lectures may be available. They will be linked from iLearn.
Technologies Used and Required
In this unit you will will be exposed to the following technology and tools:
- HP networking equipment and the Comware network operating system.
- Wireshark Packet Analyzer software.
In this unit, you should do the following:
- Attend lectures, take notes, ask questions.
- Attend your weekly Practical session.
- Ensure that you attend moule exams during the first hour of your practical session.
- Read appropriate sections of the text, add to your notes and prepare questions for your lecturer/tutor.
- Work on any assignments that have been released.
Lecture notes will be made available each week but these notes are intended as an outline of the lecture only and are not a substitute for your own notes or the recommended reading list.