Face-to-Face Teaching: Generally 20 hours.
Timetable: Detailed timetable for classes are on the Centre’s website at www.mafc.mq.edu.au
Students who wish to contact any of the teaching staff may do so through:
- The unit’s iLearn site, in relation to general queries (so that all students may benefit); or
- Individual consultation with the lecturer by email in the first instance, if necessary.
REQUIRED AND RECOMMENDED TEXTS AND/OR MATERIALS
- Additional readings are included in the unit notes. Spreadsheets critical to the unit are available on iLearn.
- Students should assume these readings and spreadsheets are examinable unless otherwise advised.
Lecture Notes: Available on iLearn.
- Students are required to work systematically through the practice problems. These problems will not be collected but they will help you prepare for the exams.
- Answers to the numerical practice problems are included in the unit notes or on iLearn.
Pre-unit Materials: Information papers on statistics, regression, accounting and other material may be found at Information papers on statistics, regression, accounting and other material may be found at http://mafcstudents.mq.edu.au/new-to-mafc/pre-course-materials/. Students should work through this material prior to commencing the degree. The material will remain a useful reference as students progress through the program.
- A financial calculator that can handle time value of money calculations, logs and power functions is required.
- The Hewlett Packard calculator hp17bII+ is recommended.
- In examinations, hand held calculators are permitted. Mobile phones and computers are not permitted.
- The mathematical difficulty of this unit is not greater than in ECFS868 Financial Risk Management.
- Students are advised to review the Financial Risk Management notes before beginning this unit, as knowledge of the credit material from that unit will be assumed, with limited revision.
- Access to a computer with word processing and spreadsheet capability and internet access are assumed, as is general student computer literacy.
- There is some Excel modelling work in the unit.
TECHNOLOGY USED AND REQUIRED
Unit iLearn Site:
- Found by logging on to iLearn ilearn.mq.edu.au, then clicking AFCP863 Strategic Bank Management.
- This is where you will find forums, downloadable resources and links to important pages.
- Forums allow you to communicate with other students and lecturer(s) and may provide supplementary material.
- Please post questions to a forum at least 24 hours prior to the assignment submission date or the examination date. Questions posted after that time may not be answered. Please try to not leave your questions to the last few days.
- It is important that you familiarise yourself with the unit’s iLearn site.
- Students should check the unit’s iLearn site regularly (minimum twice a week and prior to all lectures) and look for updates and distribution of materials (including case studies) related to the unit or assessments and, if relevant, participate in forum discussions.