This unit is characterised by a moderate degree of flexibility. Material will be delivered through:
1. Three 1-hour lectures – See timetables.mq.edu.au
2. One 2-hour laboratory class – Weekly schedule on ilearn and in unit workbook
3. One 1-hour tutorial class - Weekly schedule on ilearn and in unit workbook
4. 3-4 hours per week self-instructional learning, set readings from the text and exercises on lecture topics
Please enter your choice for practical and tutorial classes on e-student. Once you are on the attendance list for that practical, you may not change to another. If you appear at another practical, you will be turned away. Under exceptional circumstances, practical times can be changed, but ONLY if you have contacted the Lab Manager, and have permission to make a swap.
Required Texts and Materials
You can log in to the iLearn website for this unit through ilearn.mq.edu.au
All lectures will be posted on the iLearn website for this unit. You will also find a link to Echo recordings of the lectures on this website.
Required and recommended resources
· HLTH213 Course Manual – available at Co-op bookshop. PDF also available on ilearn
· Drake RL & Lowrie (2009) Gray’s Anatomy for Students. 2nd ed. Elsevier*.
· Abrahams PH, Boon J & Spratt JD (2009) McMinn’s Clinical Atlas of Human Anatomy. 6th ed. Mosby/Saunders Elsevier*. OR
· Rohen JW, Yokochi, C & Lütjen-Drecoll, E (2006) Color Atlas of Anatomy: A Photographic Study of the Human Body 6th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia*.
*Later versions of the above texts are also suitable, as other similar texts. For recommendations on alternate textbooks/atlases speak to your lecturer or tutor.
· Hansen JT. Netter’s Anatomy Flash Cards: with student consult online access 2nd ed. Saunders, 2006.
· Lumley JSP (1996) Surface Anatomy: The Anatomical Basis of Clinical Examination 2nd ed. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh.