Late assignments The policy regarding late assignments has now been standardised across postgraduate Linguistics units but there may be some minor differences in how they are applied, submission times etc. Please read this carefully and ask the convenor if you have any questions.
For this unit:
- Assignments to be submitted through turnitin are due at 11.59pm Sydney time on the due date. Late submissions without an extension will receive a penalty of 5% of the mark achieved for the assignment for each day after the due date. This will be calculated on a pro-rata basis for the first day, which means that if you have issues uploading your work and you submit shortly after the due time you may not be penalised at all. From the second day onwards the full 5% will apply.
- Late submission of an assignment without an extension will not be permitted after marks have been released to the rest of the class.
- Extensions will only be given in special circumstances, and can be requested by completing the Special Consideration request at ask.mq.edu.au and providing the requisite supporting documentation. The discretion of the convenor to grant extensions is limited.
- For more information on Special Consideration, see the university website https://students.mq.edu.au/study/my-study-program/special-consideration
- Assignments submitted after the deadline, regardless of the reason, will be marked and returned at a date determined by the unit convenor.
Extensions cannot continue beyond the start of the following semester, and students should be aware that long extensions may impact graduation dates.