- 3 hours face-to-face teaching per week consisting of: 1 x 1.5 hours lecture and 1 x 1.5 hours tutorial/lab exercises. Tutorials commence in Week 2
- The timetable for classes can be found on the University website at: http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au/
Required and Recommended Texts and/or Materials
D’Alessandro, Lowe, Winzar, Zikmund, Babin (2017) Marketing Research: 4th Asia-Pacific Edition with Student Resource Access. Cengage: ISBN 9780170369824
Kirkpatrick & Feeney (2016) A Simple Guide to IBM SPSS Statistics - version 23.0. Cengage: ISBN9781305877719
Allen, Bennett, and Heritage. (2014), SPSS Statistics Version 22- A Practical Guide, 3ed. Cengage: ISBN-10: 0-17-034897-0
Emerson, L. (2013), Writing Guidelines for Business Students, 5ed. Cengage: ISBN-10: 0-17-021638-1
These texts can be purchased from the Macquarie University Co-op Bookshop.
They are also available in the Macquarie Library.
Technology Used and Required
- Students will need to have access to a personal computer, with access to the Internet and word processor software.
- In laboratories, we will use MS-Word, MS-Excel, and SPSS statistical software.
Unit Web Page
- The web page for this unit can be found at: iLearn http://ilearn.mq.edu.au
- All announcements and resources will be available on the web site. Resource materials include lecture slides, practice questions, case studies and practice exam questions for both the within-semester and final exams. There is also a forum for student interaction and contact with faculty. You should consult the course Website several times per week for messages and updates.
Learning and Teaching Activities
This unit is taught using lectures and tutorials.
- Lectures serve to highlight key topics and elaborate on important or difficult topics. They are not a summary of, or a substitute for, the textbook or other resources.
- Tutorials serve to give students practice in applying concepts and developing skills in critical and logical thinking, information gathering and analysis.
Students are expected to read in advance of lectures, and participate in all lecture presentations. There is also an applied marketing research project assisting students to apply concepts introduced in course to the marketing environment. This will be introduced within the lecture presentations.
Qualtrics is the #1 online questionnaire tool in the world.
Satisfactory Completion of Unit
- It is normally expected that students attempt all assessment tasks for this unit. Students are required to accumulate at least 50% of the total marks possible in order to satisfactorily pass this unit.