Delivery of unit material
- There are 3 hours of classes each week. These are run as a workshop and will consist of lectures and class activities and discussions..
- The timetable for classes can be found on the University web site at: http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au/
- Attendance will be taken in class.
- Students are expected to arrive on time and not leave until the class ends.
Technology Used and Required
- Please ensure that you have access to a personal computer so you are able to access internet/ social media platforms, use word processing software and power point program that are required for preparation of assignments and presentations.
- Course material is available on the learning management system (iLearn) at: http://ilearn.mq.edu.au.
- Students will find teaching resources to assist their study on iLearn, such as lecture notes, social media marketing cases, and other resources.
- Students are required to check iLearn regularly for announcements/updates.
Barker, M. S., Barker, D. I., Bormann, N. F., Roberts, M. L., Zahay, D., (2017), Social Media Marketing: A Strategic Approach, 2nd Edition, Cengage.
Heggde, G., and Shainesh, G. (2018), Social Media Marketing - Emerging Concepts and Applications, Palgrave Mcmillan.
Funk, T. (2013), Advanced Social Media Marketing: How to Lead, Launch, and Manage a Successful Social Media Program, Apress.
MacDonald, J. (2019), Social Media Marketing Workbook: How to Use Social Media For Business, JM Internet Group.
Useful resources/ links:
Harvard Business Review
AFR social media
Social media blogs and updates:
Sensis social media report on the state of social media
Digital marketing resources, tools and education: