REQUIRED AND RECOMMENDED TEXTS AND/OR MATERIALS
The required textbooks for this unit are:
- Microeconomics: Principles and Practice, 2nd edition (2017) by Frost, Taylor, Weerapana, Schuwalow, Cengage Learning. This textbook is available as either a print book - (ISBN-10: 0170380096 ISBN-13: 9780170380096) or eBook. See links below:
Details on the eBook (a VitalSource eText) can be found at: https://www.vitalsource.com/en-au/products/microeconomics-principles-and-practice-lionel-frost-john-taylor-v9780170278973
It is recommended that students purchase the text with the Coursemate option.
- Basic Business Statistics, 5th edition (2018) by Berenson, Levine, Szabat, O’Brien, Watson and Jayne, Pearson Australia (ISBN 9781488617249). Details on the textbook can be found at https://pearson.com.au/9781488617249. The textbook is available from the publisher's website as a paperback or as a VitalSource eText. The textbook is also available as a paperback from the Co-op Bookshop.
- Additional readings are included iniLearn.
- Students should assume these readings are examinable unless otherwise advised.
Assumed Knowledge: Mathematical content
- This unit has a high level of numerical content. Consequently, this unit is mathematical and arithmetical. The applied nature of this unit means that the focus is on application of knowledge rather than complex mathematical derivations. To help prepare students for the numerical content in this unit, students will find a Fundamental Maths Quiz in iLearn. This will allow students to test their existing mathematics knowledge. Details on the quiz can be found iniLearn.
Assumed Access: Access to a computer with word processing and spreadsheet capability is assumed, as is general student computer literacy. In particular, students need access to a version of Microsoft Excel which includes regression analysis.
TECHNOLOGY USED AND REQUIRED
This is an online unit which will make use of the University's iLearn system.
Unit's iLearn Site:
- Found by logging on to iLearn ilearn.mq.edu.au, then clicking on AFCP6018 Quantitative and Economic Analysis.
- This is where you will find forums, downloadable resources and links to important pages.
- The forum allows you to communicate with other students and lecturer(s) and may provide supplementarymaterial.
- You are requested to post your questions on the forums at least 24 hours prior to the assessment submission date or the examination date. Questions posted after that time may not be answered. Please ensure that you do not leave your questions to the last few days.
- It is important that you familiarise yourself with the unit’s iLearnsite.
- All students should check iLearn regularly and look for updates and distribution of materials related to the unit or assessments and participate in forum discussions.