One Required Textbook
Consumer Behaviour, 6th edition - can be purchased as a physical book, e-book or rented from the Pearson publishing website
Schiffman, St John's University Aron O'Cass, University of Tasmania Angela Paladino, University of Melbourne Jamie Carlson, University of Newcastle
ISBN-10: 144256153X ISBN-13: 9781442561533
*Please note the 5th edition is also acceptable however you will need to cross check your weekly reading content against the 6th edition.
Required Reading: Journal Articles
- Balderjahn, I., Peyer, M., Seegebarth, B., Wiedmann, K.P. and Weber, A., 2018. The many faces of sustainability-conscious consumers: A category-independent typology. Journal of Business Research, 91, pp.83-93.
- Olson, J. G., McFerran, B., Morales, A. C., & Dahl, D. W. (2016). Wealth and Welfare: Divergent Moral Reactions to Ethical Consumer Choices. Journal of Consumer Research, 42(6), 879-896.
- Reczek, R.W., Irwin, J.R., Zane, D.M. and Ehrich, K.R., 2017. That’s not how I remember it: Willfully ignorant memory for ethical product attribute information. Journal of Consumer Research, 45(1), pp.185-207.
- Sheth, Jagdish N., Nirmal K. Sethia, and Shanthi Srinivas. 2011. Mindful consumption: a customer-centric approach to sustainability. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 39,1, 21-39.
Other Resources are available on the MKTG1003 iLearn website Technology Used and Required:
- Students are required to use power point, word processing and ilearn.
- Course materials are available on the learning management system (iLearn)
- The web page for this unit can be found at: http://ilearn.mq.edu.au
The timetable for this unit can be accessed from this portal: http://timetables.mq.edu.au