- Students should view the prerecorded lecture each week as well as the appropriate tutorial.
- Online lectures and tutorials will be available each week as well as online consultation.
- Tutorials begin in Week 2 and cover material based on the preceding week's lecture topic.
- Students should attend online PAL Sessions where necessary to improve their understanding of the material covered.
Required and Recommended Texts and/or Materials
Required Text (source for weekly tutorial questions)
The textbook will assist you in the weekly quizzes.
Detailed textbook requirements are available on ilearn
- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, Australian 3rd Edition ISBN : 9780730355175 or 9780730363460 (Fundamentals)
- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance (6th ed.) ISBN 9781743079485 (Ross)
- Multinational Business Finance. Pearson Education Australia. 2nd edition ISBN-10:1442525894; ISBN-13:9781442525894 (Eitman)
- International Financial Management: Sixth Edition ISBN-978-0-07-803465-7 (EUN)
Technology Used and Required
- Financial non-programmable calculators can be used in the unit. A financial calculator is not essential as a scientific non-programmable calculator should meet all your needs (calculation of the Internal Rate of Return (IRR) is not required in any of the assessment tasks). Note: Only non-programmable calculators without text retrieval functionality are allowed for use in the unit’s assessments tasks.
- Students should have access to the internet.
Unit Web Page
- Course material and announcements are available on the learning management system (iLearn).
- Students should check iLearn regularly before each lecture, tutorial and assessment.
Learning and Teaching Activities
The unit is delivered through weekly lectures and tutorial classes. Tutorial questions will mostly be sourced from the required textbook. The question numbers that will be discussed in tutorials will be posted to iLearn each week. Students should attempt these questions before tutorials. Brief answers to the tutorial questions will be posted on iLearn after each week.
To achieve the best possible results students should:
1) View all lectures and tutorial classes.
2) Tutorial questions and problems are assigned from the required text book;
3) Read the assigned chapters of the required text book before attending lectures;
4) Download lecture notes from iLearn, which are available weekly before lectures. Ensure these notes are brought to lectures.
5) Attend PAL sessions where difficulties are experienced.