To pass this unit, you must complete all the assessments and have received an overall mark of at least 50.
All written work must be submitted through the iLearn website. Please upload your assignment to the drop-box for the relevant week. Save your assignment as a pdf or a Word file. All assignments must include the following:
- Student name
- Student ID
- Assessment task or question
- Word length (not including bibliography or footnotes)
Written work will be returned via the Turnitin tool on the iLearn unit site, and will include feedback from the marker. Information about how to submit work online can be found on the iLearn unit.
The online quizzes and final test will be undertaken using the Quiz tool on the iLearn unit site.
All written assessment tasks will be graded using a rubric, which can be found on the iLearn unit site.
RELEASE OF RESULTS
The convenors will aim to return your assignments within 3 weeks of the due date. Results can be viewed via iLearn using the Gradebook tool.
There is no formal examination in this unit.
Please note with respect to the marks you receive for work during the session: that the marks given are indicative only. Final marks will be determined after moderation. See the note on Results in the Policies and Procedures section below.
EXTENSIONS AND DISRUPTION TO STUDIES
- Important: The convenors are unable to approve extensions. Extensions can only be granted by applying for Special Consideration through ask@mq.
- Extensions will only be approved in exceptional cases.
- If you must ask for an extension, please lodge a request for Special Consideration before the deadline, not on the due date.
EXTENSION REQUEST PROCEDURE
The granting of extensions is subject to the University's Special Consideration Policy: https://staff.mq.edu.au/work/strategy-planning-and-governance/university-policies-and-procedures/policies/special-consideration
Disruption to Studies
If you require an extension, you must submit a 'Disruption to Studies' Notification. Please follow the procedure below:
1. Visit https://ask.mq.edu.au and use your OneID to log in.
2. Select your unit code from the drop down list and fill in your relevant details. Note: A notification needs to be submitted for each unit you believe is affected by the disruption.
3. Click "Submit form".
4. Attach supporting documents by clicking 'Add a note/attachment', click 'browse' and navigating to the files you want to attach, then click 'submit note' to send your notification and supporting documents.
5. Please keep copies of your original documents, as they may be requested in the future as part of the assessment process.
Please ensure that supporting documentation is included with your request. Notify the convenors via the iLearn dialogue box if you are submitting a 'Disruption to Studies' Notification. Your request will be considered once all the documentation has been received. If you have problems, please contact the convenors via the iLearn dialogue tool immediately.