The unit is delivered in a combination of weekly pre-recorded seminars/lectures (1 hour) and workshops (2 hours). Workshops will start from week 1.
Starting from week 1, there will be one-hour synchronous workshop which will be online or face-to face according to students' enrolment detail and one-hour asynchronous workshop (e.g., discussion forum, uploaded videos etc). Students are expected to be active and engaged learners, contributing fully to workshop activities and discussions.
REQUIRED AND RECOMMENDED TEXTS AND/OR MATERIALS
Textbook: Philip Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller, Marketing Management, 15th Edition, published by Pearson. Only selected chapters from the textbook will be used. A Pearson custom book version of the textbook, including only the assigned chapters.
Case Studies: 12 Harvard Business School cases, available on iLearn https://ilearn.mq.edu.au/login/
TECHNOLOGY USED & REQUIRED
- The course will make use of iLearn and email for communication with the teaching staff and between students.
- Students will need access to a reliable Internet service to complete this unit.
- Software required: e.g., Word processing, PowerPoint, video/media player, Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Use of a PC, laptop and smart devices is required to complete tasks on iLearn, to access iLearn for course materials and to read the textbook.
SATISFACTORY COMPLETION OF UNIT
Students are required to accumulate at least 50% of the total marks possible in order to satisfactorily pass this unit.
- Students must familiarise themselves with the unit’s iLearn site.
- Students should access the unit’s iLearn site regularly (minimum twice a week) and check for updates and posts.
- Details of teaching times and locations are available at: http://students.mq.edu.au/student_ad min/timetables
- Students are expected to participate in classes, be prepared to discuss the case studies assigned each week.
- Students are expected to arrive on time and not to leave until the class ends.