TEACHING AND LEARNING STRATEGY
The unit is delivered in a combination of weekly pre-recorded seminars/lectures (1.5 hours) and workshops (1.5 hours). Please note that workshop will be online or face-to face according to students' enrolment detail. Students are expected to be active and engaged learners, contributing fully to workshop activities and discussions.
The seminar/lecture notes and recordings will be posted on iLearn at https://ilearn.mq.edu.au on a weekly basis.
REQUIRED AND RECOMMENDED TEXTS AND/OR MATERIALS
Required Text: Marketing, 5th Edition, Greg Elliott / Sharyn Rundle-Thiele / David Waller / Ingo Bentrott / Siobhan Hatton-Jones / Pete Jeans (2021), ISBN: 99780730382966, John Wiley & Sons. https://www.wileydirect.com.au/buy/marketing-5th-edition, This text is now available in print and interactive e-text.
More information will be available via iLearn.
Additional recommended textbooks: Grewal, D., Levy, M. (2021), Marketing (3rd Edition), New York, McGraw-Hill Education.
Students should also consult the wide range of industry reports and marketing journals such as the following (via the Macquarie University library):
- Passport (Euromonitor International)
- McKinsey and Company
- Wall Street Journal
- CNN Money
- Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Marketing Management
- Journals of Consumer Research
- Journal of Marketing Research
- Harvard Business Review
- European Journal of Marketing
- International Journal of Research in Marketing
- Business Horizons
- Journal of Brand Management
- Journal of Advertising Research
- Journal of Retailing
- Australasian Marketing Journal
- Australian Marketing Researcher
- International Marketing Review
- The Economist
- Business Review Weekly