The unit is purely online delivery. It will include in a combination of pre-recorded weekly lectures (1.5 hours) and online weekly workshops (1.5 hours).
Students are expected to be active and engaged learners, contributing fully to workshop activities and discussions.
Students need to listen to the pre-recorded lectures, read in advance of workshop sessions, complete preparatory work including weekly online quizzes, and be prepared to work in small groups and discuss the materials assigned each week.
The lecture slides and recordings will be posted on iLearn on a weekly basis. Students will need to complete the weekly online quizzes before they can access the seminar materials.
SATISFACTORY COMPLETION OF UNIT
Students are required to accumulate at least 50% of the total marks possible in order to satisfactorily pass this unit.
TECHNOLOGY USED & REQUIRED
- The course will make use of iLearn and email for communication with the teaching staff and between students.
- Students will need access to a reliable Internet service to complete this unit.
- Software required: e.g., Word processing, PowerPoint, video/media player, Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Use of a PC, laptop or smart device is required to complete tasks on iLearn, to access iLearn for course materials, and to read the textbook.
REQUIRED AND RECOMMENDED TEXTS AND/OR MATERIALS
Required Text (available in print and interactive e-text): Marketing, 4th Edition Greg Elliott, Sharyn Rundle-Thiele, David Waller, Sandra Smith, Liz Eades, Ingo Bentrott ISBN: 9780730363248, 9780730362999 Brisbane: John Wiley & Sons. http://www.wileydirect.com.au/buy/marketing-4th-edition/
Additional recommended textbooks: Grewal, D., Levy, M. (2015), Marketing (Forth Edition), New York, McGraw-Hill Education.
Students should also consult the wide range of industry reports and marketing journals such as the following (via the Macquarie University library):
- McKinsey and Company
- Wall Street Journal
- CNN Money
- Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Marketing Management
- Journals of Consumer Research
- Journal of Marketing Research
- Harvard Business Review
- European Journal of Marketing
- International Journal of Research in Marketing
- Business Horizons
- Journal of Brand Management
- Journal of Advertising Research
- Journal of Retailing
- Australasian Marketing Journal
- Australian Marketing Researcher
- International Marketing Review
- The Economist
- Business Review Weekly