Each week you should attend two hours of lectures, and a two hour practical. For details of scheduled classes consult the timetables webpage.
Note that practicals (lab sessions) commence in week 1. The week-by-week details of the practical (lab) classes will be available from iLearn.
You must attend the practical that you are enrolled in.
Textbook and Reading Materials
The textbook for this semester is:
Comp3267 is administered via iLearn (http://ilearn.mq.edu.au/).
This unit outline can be found in the university's unit guides
Digital recordings of lectures may be available. They will be linked from iLearn.
Technologies Used and Required
In this unit you will will be exposed to the following technology and tools:
- Cisco Packet Tracer software.
- Wireshark Packet Analyzer software.
- Cisco Ethernet Switches and Routers.
In this unit, you should do the following:
- Attend lectures, take notes, ask questions.
- Attend your weekly Practical session.
- Ensure that you attend module exams during the second hour of the scheduled lecture time slot.
- Read appropriate sections of the text, add to your notes and prepare questions for your lecturer/tutor.
- Work on any assignments that have been released.
Lecture notes will be made available each week but these notes are intended as an outline of the lecture only and are not a substitute for your own notes or the recommended reading list.