Late Assessment Submission Penalty
From 1 July 2022, Students enrolled in Session based units with written assessments will have the following late penalty applied. Please see https://students.mq.edu.au/study/assessment-exams/assessments for more information.
Unless a Special Consideration request has been submitted and approved, a 5% penalty (of the total possible mark) will be applied each day a written assessment is not submitted, up until the 7th day (including weekends). After the 7th day, a grade of '0' will be awarded even if the assessment is submitted. Submission time for all written assessments is set at 11:55 pm. A 1-hour grace period is provided to students who experience a technical concern.
For any late submission of time-sensitive tasks, such as scheduled tests/exams, performance assessments/presentations, and/or scheduled practical assessments/labs, students need to submit an application for Special Consideration.
Assessments where Late Submissions will be accepted
In this unit, late submissions will accepted as follows:
- Assignment - YES, Standard Late Penalty applies
- Test 1 - NO, unless Special Consideration is granted
- Test 2 - NO, unless Special Consideration is granted
- Weekly Quizzes - NO, unless Special Consideration is granted
- SGTA Participation - NO, unless Special Consideration is granted