Lecture and Tutorial times
- Lectures for MQBS7040 are scheduled as per the class timetable available at http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au/
- There will be 3 hours teaching per week consisting of one two-hour lecture and a one hour tutorial/lab.
Technology used and required
- If you are enrolled in this unit, you will be listed in the MQBS7040 online unit (iLearn). Login at http://ilearn.mq.edu.au/
- The site will be used to post online lectures, lecture slides, handouts, and assignments.
- The site contains a “forum” to which you may contribute. Please log in to the site on a regular basis.
- The main software used in MQBS7040 is Eviews which can be accessed through AppStream.
Required and Recommended Texts and/or Materials
The recommended textbooks for MQBS7040 are:
Hill, C. H., Griffiths, W. E. and Lim, G. C. (2018) Principles of Econometrics (5th ed.) Wiley.
Notes and/or materials materials provided by the lecturer.
Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Students are expected to complete all pre-lecture preparation tasks in advance of that particular lecture.
- Please make notes summarizing the pre-lecture readings. These notes do not need to be submitted for assessment; however they will permit discussion of the questions and material in class.
- Students are expected to attend and participate in all classes.
Details of the assessment tasks will be given in lectures and posted on iLearn. You should check iLearn regularly.