Online lectures and workshop
This unit will include ECHO recordings and live zoom meetings. There will also be workshop questions related to each topic. It is strongly recommended that students watch recordings and attend zoom meetings.
Pepall, L., D Richards and G. Norman, 2014, Industrial Organization: Contemporary Theory and Empirical Applications, 5th Edition, Wiley. Some sites for the textbook:
Access to this resource from the start of the semester is very strongly recommended.
Other textbooks which may also be useful include:
• Cabral, L. 2017, Introduction to Industrial Organization, 2nd Edition, MIT Press Cambridge
• Church, J. and R. Ware, 2000, Industrial Organization: A strategic approach, McGraw-Hill, Boston (This text is available online free of charge at: http://homepages.ucalgary.ca/~jrchurch/page4/page4.html).
• Shy, O., 1995, Industrial Organization, MIT Press, Cambridge, 1995.
• Waldman, D.E., and Jensen, E., 2013, Industrial Organization Theory and Practice, Fourth Edition
For a more advanced treatment of the material covered in this course you may want to consider the following textbooks:
- Belleflamme, P. and M. Peitz, 2010, Industrial Organization: Markets and Strategies, Cambridge University Press, New York.
- Tirole, J. 1988, The Theory of Industrial Organization, MIT Press, Cambridge