ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION: Assignment submission will be online through the iLearn page.
Submit the assignment online via the appropriate assignment link on the iLearn page. A personalised cover sheet is not required with online submissions. Read the submission statement carefully before accepting it as there are substantial penalties for making a false declaration.
- Assignment submission is via iLearn. You should upload this as a single scanned PDF file.
- Please note the quick guide on how to upload your assignments provided on the iLearn page.
- Please make sure that each page in your uploaded assignment corresponds to only one A4 page (do not upload an A3 page worth of content as an A4 page in landscape). If you are using an app like Clear Scanner, please make sure that the photos you are using are clear and shadow-free.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your assignment submission is legible.
- If there are technical obstructions to your submitting online, please email us to let us know.
You may submit as often as required prior to the due date/time. Please note that each submission will completely replace any previous submissions. It is in your interests to make frequent submissions of your partially completed work as insurance against technical or other problems near the submission deadline.
LATE SUBMISSION OF WORK:
All assessment tasks must be submitted by the due date and time. In the case of a late submission of the assignment, where special consideration has NOT been granted, the following procedure will be followed:
A 12-hour grace period will be given after which the following deductions will be applied to the awarded assessment mark:
- 12 to 24 hours late = 10% deduction.
- For each day thereafter (including weekends and/or public holidays) an additional 10% per day or part thereof.
- Until five days beyond the due date; after this time, a mark of zero (0) will be given.
FINAL EXAM POLICY: It is Macquarie University policy not to set early examinations for individuals or groups of students. All students are expected to ensure that they are available until the end of the teaching semester, that is, the final day of the official examination period. The only excuse for not sitting an examination at the designated time is because of documented illness or unavoidable disruption. In these special circumstances, you may apply for special consideration via ask.mq.edu.au.
If you receive special consideration for the final exam, a supplementary exam will be scheduled in the interval between the regular exam period and the start of the next session. By making a special consideration application for the final exam you are declaring yourself available for a resit during this supplementary examination period and will not be eligible for a second special consideration approval based on pre-existing commitments. Please ensure you are familiar with the policy prior to submitting an application.
You can check the supplementary exam information page on FSE101 in iLearn (bit.ly/FSESupp) for dates, and approved applicants will receive an individual notification one week prior to the exam with the exact date and time of their supplementary examination.