All materials necessary to complete this unit are cited on the LAW 473 i-Learn site. The tutorial readings can be accessed via e-reserve. The textbook will need to be purchased from the co-op.
REQUIRED AND RECOMMENDED RESOURCES
- Andrew Stewart, Philip Griffith & Judith Bannister, Intellectual Property in Australia, 2014, 4th edition, LexisNexis Butterworths.
- In addition to the prescribed text book, additional reading (ie journal articles, cases and problems to be discussed in tutorials) will be required for each tutorial. These additional readings are found on e-reserve.
- Australian Intellectual Property Journal, Thomson Reuters.
- Media and Art Law Review, The University of Melbourne.
- Information Journal of Technology Policy and Law, Inderscience Publications, Switzerland.
Accessing full text of cases and legislation
All Commonwealth and State statutes and regulations can be found at http://www.austlii.edu.au. (Ensure reference is made, wherever possible, to consolidated legislation.)
For reported case law, use the Macquarie University library databases to access the:
Lawbookonline database (e.g. CLR, FCR, FLR, NSWLR);
Lexisnexis (Aus) database (e.g. ALR, IPR).
For unreported case law, use: http://www.austlii.edu.au.
(Ensure reference is made, wherever possible, to reported case law.)