• All unit information will be posted on iLearn (https://ilearn.mq.edu.au/login/MQ/ ). We assume that students will regularly check iLearn for information regarding lecture notes, practical material and other related resources.
• All emails related to ITEC852 should be sent to email@example.com and CC: firstname.lastname@example.org and must include your full name and your student id number.
• William Stallings, Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practices, Prentice Hall (4th Edition) · Charles Pfleeger, Security in Computing, Prentice Hall, 20026 (4th Edition)
• Charlie Kaufman, Radia Perlman and Mike Speciner, Network Security: Private Communication in a Public World, Prentice Hall
• Dieter Gollman, Computer Security, John Wiley
• Simson Garfinkel and Gene Spafford, Practical Unix Security, O’Reilly & Associates, Inc.
• Trusted Computing Platforms: TCPA Technology in Context, Ed: Siani Pearson, Prentice Hall, 2003
• Ross Anderson, Security Engineering, John Wiley, 1st or 2nd Edition
Tentative Lecture Schedule ITEC852 S2 2017 (may vary depending upon progress)
Week 1: Introduction: Cyber Security Trends and Concepts
Week 2: Threat Modelling
Week 3: Security Architecture
Week 4: Cryptography and Key Management
Week 5: Security Protocols
Week 6: Access Control Models
Week 7: Operating Systems Security, Platform Security, Secure Virtualisation
Week 8: Public Holiday, audio lecture provided as well as written material published on iLearn
Week 9: Distributed Systems Security, Cloud Computing Security
Week 10: Network Security (IP Security, Mobile IP Security and Wireless Security)
Week 11: Trusted Computing/ Group Project Presentations (1)
Week 12: Group Project Presentation (2)
Week 13: Revision