Topics are subject to change based on student responses to the online participation assessment.
1. Introduction to international business transactions.
2. The global trading system and the role of regional economic, political and legal integration.
3. Forms of doing business internationally (I) - Agents, distributor, contract manufacturing, technology transfer.
4. Forms of doing business internationally (II) - Franchise, joint ventures, mergers and acquisition.
5. Regulation of international business transactions (I) - Customs, Trade, Competition.
6. Regulation of international business transactions (II) - Export, import, economic sanctions.
7. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI); Investment Treaty Arbitration.
8. Corruption in international business transactions: Laws and corporate compliance.
9. Payments and the international movement of money.
10. Corporate social responsibility in an international context.
11. Export Laws and National Security.
12. Dispute Resolution in International Business Transactions: Arbitration, Litigation, Commercial Courts.