Required Text Bodie, Z., Kane, A., & Marcus, A. (2017) Investments, 11th edition, McGraw Hill, ISBN: 9781259277177
Supplementary References and Additional Learning Materials
There are numerous investment texts and professional investment periodicals. You are encouraged to read widely. Supplemental readings and periodical references, respectively, include:
- Bogle, J. The Little Book of Common Sense Investing, John Riley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, N.J., 2007.
- Brailsford, T., Heaney, R., and Bilson, C. Investments: Concepts and Applications, 2nd ed., South Melbourne: Thomson, 2004.
- Graham, B. with Zweig, J. The Intelligent Investor, Revised Ed., HarperCollins Publishers Inc., New York, 2003.
- Greenwald, B., Kahn, J., Sonkin, P., and van Biema, M. Value Investing: From Graham to Buffett and Beyond, Hoboken, NJ: John Riley & Sons, Inc.; 2001.
- Jones, C., Shamsuddin, A; and Naumann, K.; Investments: Analysis and Management, 2nd ed., Milton, Qld: John Riley & Sons Australia, Ltd, 2007.
- Viney, C. McGrath’s Financial Institutions, Instruments and Markets, 4th ed., Sydney: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
Professional Investor, Personal Investor, The Journal of Investing, Financial Services Review, Money Management, JASSA (The Journal of the Securities Institute of Australia), The Economist, The Australian Financial Review, Business Review Weekly.
Our MGSM Student Handbook contains Essay Writing Guidelines for students who may lack confidence in their writing skills to produce reports/essays to an academic/business standard. Please click on the link below to access the MGSM Student Handbook (you may need your Macquarie One ID to access this). The Essay Writing Guidelines can be found in
Section 3: Study Skills, starting page 39.
The Macquarie University Library also provides excellent resources covering writing skills, researching online: and a guide to citations and referencing. A Learning Adviser can also be contacted for further details:
The web page for this unit can be found at: https://ilearn.mq.edu.au/login/MGSM