Assessments are submitted to Turnitin as a matter of course, and if required, to a second platform to suit the medium. Instructions for submitting assessments via Turnitin are available here: https://students.mq.edu.au/support/study/tools-and-resources/ilearn/ilearn-quick-guides-for-students
How to apply for a late submission of an assignment
All requests for special consideration, including extensions, must be submitted via https://ask.mq.edu.au/ and provide suitable supporting documentation. Contact your unit convenor first for advice, especially in the case of an emergency or if you are unsure about the extension policy.
Late Assignment Submission
- Late submissions without an extension will receive a penalty of 5% of the total mark available for the assignment per day
- Late submission of an assignment without an extension will not be permitted after marks have been released to the rest of the class.
- Extensions will only be given in special circumstances, and can be requested by completing the Special Consideration request at ask.mq.edu.au and providing the requisite supporting documentation. For more information on Special Consideration, see the university website https://students.mq.edu.au/study/my-study-program/special-consideration
- Assignments submitted after the deadline, regardless of the reason, will be marked and returned at a date determined by the unit convenor.
- Extensions cannot continue beyond the start of the following semester except under exceptional circumstances, and students should be aware that long extensions may impact graduation dates.