Teaching and Learning Strategy
Each student group is responsible for the delivery of a report on an environmental/ societal issue or need to a client. The client may be either inside or outside the University. The projects are real projects that the client wants done to advance their environmental or sustainability practice in one way or another.
The teaching and learning strategy includes:
• skills workshops ;
• self learning resources on handling group work for clients;
• regular group meetings on managing team processes, project management, and substantive components of the task with the convenor;
• group interaction, dialogue and problem solving in a participative way;
• through class interaction, practice of presentations;
• learning to give and receive professional feedback from peers;
• reflection on your own professional practice;
• feedback from clients.
Technology and Resources
There is an ilearn site associated with this unit. This will be the main form of communication for detailed information and updates. Students must be able to access the internet to research background for these projects. Some resources such as equipment, laboratories and minor consumables may be available for student use.