DELIVERY AND RESOURCES
THE UNIT CONSISTS OF 13 ONE-HOUR LECTURES AS WELL AS TUTORIALS.
STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND THE LECTURE (online for S2 2021).
PARTICIPATION IS EXPECTED OF ALL STUDENTS IN LECTURES AND TUTORIALS.
UNIT REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
• You should spend an average of 12 hours per week on this unit. This includes listening
to lectures prior to seminar or tutorial, reading weekly required materials as detailed in
iLearn, and preparing assessments.
• Internal students are expected to attend all seminar or tutorial sessions, and external
students are expected to make significant contributions to on-line activities.
• In most cases students are required to attempt and submit all major assessment tasks in
order to pass the unit
• The citations for all the required readings for this unit are available to enrolled students
through the unit iLearn site, and at Macquarie University's library site. Electronic copies
of required readings may be accessed through the library or will be made available by other means.
TECHNOLOGY USED AND REQUIRED
• Computer and internet access are essential for this unit. Basic computer skills and skills
in word processing are also a requirement.
• This unit has an online presence. Login is via: https://ilearn.mq.edu.au/
• Students are required to have regular access to a computer and the internet. Mobile
devices alone are not sufficient.
SUBMITTING ASSESSMENT TASKS
• All text-based assessment tasks are to be submitted, marked and returned electronically.
This will only happen through the unit iLearn site.
• Assessment tasks must be submitted as a MS word document by the due date.
• Most assessment tasks will be subject to a 'TurnitIn' review as an automatic part of the
• The granting of extensions of up to one week are at the discretion of the unit convener or
nominated delegate such as a tutor. Any requests for extensions must be before the due
date for the submission of the assessment task. Extensions beyond one week are
subject to the university’s Disruptions Policy
LATE SUBMISSION OF ASSESSMENT TASKS
Unless a Special Consideration request has been submitted and approved, (a) a penalty for lateness will apply – 10 marks out of 100 credit will be deducted per day for assignments submitted after the due date – and (b) no assignment will be accepted seven days (incl. weekends) after the original submission deadline. No late submissions will be accepted for timed assessments - e.g. quizzes, online tests.
WORD LIMITS FOR ASSESSMENT TASKS
• Stated word limits include footnotes and footnoted references, but not bibliography, or
Word limits can deviate by 10%