Please note with respect to the marks you receive for work during the session: that the marks
given are indicative only. Final marks will be determined after moderation. See the note
on Results in the Policies and Procedures section below.
• Unless a Special Consideration request has been submitted and approved: (a)
a penalty for lateness will apply – two (2) marks out of 100 will be deducted per day for
assignments submitted after the due date;(b) no assignment will be accepted more than
seven (7) days (incl. weekends) after the original submission deadline; and (c)
no late submissions will be accepted for timed assessments – e.g. quizzes, online tests.
• Written assessment tasks submitted that are under or over the word length by more than
15% will be penalised with a 10% deduction.
• Written assessment tasks submitted without proper referencing (e.g., no bibliography,
omission of page numbers, etc), will be marked according to the Macquarie University
Plagiarism Policy and the schedule of penalties.
EXTENSIONS AND DISRUPTION TO STUDIES
• Important: The convenors are unable to approve extensions. Extensions can only be
granted by applying for Special Consideration through ask@mq.
• Extensions will only be approved in exceptional cases.
• If you must ask for an extension, please lodge a request for Special Consideration
before the deadline, not on the due date.
EXTENSION REQUEST PROCEDURE
The granting of extensions is subject to the University's Special Consideration Policy: https://staf
Disruption to Studies
If you require an extension, you must submit a 'Disruption to Studies' Notification. Please follow
the procedure below:
1. Visit https://ask.mq.edu.au and use your OneID to log in.
2. Select your unit code from the drop down list and fill in your relevant details. Note: A
notification needs to be submitted for each unit you believe is affected by the disruption.
3. Click "Submit form".
4. Attach supporting documents by clicking 'Add a note/attachment', click 'browse' and navigating
to the files you want to attach, then click 'submit note' to send your notification and supporting documents.
5. Please keep copies of your original documents, as they may be requested in the future as part of the assessment process.
Please ensure that supporting documentation is included with your request. Notify the
convenors via the iLearn dialogue box if you are submitting a 'Disruption to Studies'
Notification. Your request will be considered once all the documentation has been received. If
you have problems, please contact the convenors via the iLearn dialogue tool immediately.